Where To Start
A Christian Professor?
If you’re like many of us, a “Christian professor” is not so easily defined. What does it mean to be a Christian professor, and what place do the Christian faith and values have on a secular university campus?
Ask any of us and we’ll gladly tell you that we are all still figuring this thing out. But we would love to have you join us in the journey!
Meeting Some Of Us…
- Meet 100 of us at “Faculty Offices.”
- More than 200 of us tell students about our lives and spiritual journeys at www.meettheprof.com.
Living Out Our Faith…
- How do we in the academy actually live out our Christian faith? That’s the premise of another our websites: www.MyMinistryMinute.com. There you’ll find 500 word essays written by your colleagues on topics such as:
- Being open with students about my faith– Ken Elzinga (Virginia)
- When it’s not appropriate to mention my faith –Sam Matteson (North Texas)
- Cancer and uncertainty in life – Edwin Chong (Colorado State)
- Hiding behind walls – Robert Kaita (Princeton)
- What I learned from “24″– Julianne Treme (North Carolina-Wilmington)
A lot of our daily lives can be quite solitary, but we need not be devoid of Christian fellowship. There may be a group of Christians meeting on your own campus, or a nearby campus, that can bring encouragement. Check out the “Connect With Others” section on the homepage of this website to find a listing of fellowships.
ProfSource is one of the ways Faculty Commons seeks to serve Christian faculty. For more information, visit this page on FacultyLinc.
Need Someone To Pray For You?
Please feel free to contact us. We really are here for you.